Getting quality sleep is crucial for our overall well-being and feeling our best. Our circadian rhythm, aka our internal body clock, plays a big role in how well we sleep. It's all about finding balance and working with our rhythm to get the zzz's we need.
Self-care habits like sticking to a bedtime routine can make a big difference in how well we sleep. Here are 5 simple tips to help you get the sleep you deserve and take care of yourself in the process:
- Get outside – getting as much natural sunlight as you can, even if it’s a 15-min walk outside. If getting outside isn’t an option (because, life) then try to keep your room bright with artificial light.
- Dim the lights - to release melatonin, our sleep hormone, try to dim the lights at dinner time and gradually make your room darker as the evening progresses. This helps signal to your body that it's time to slow down, much like how our ancestors lived with the sun's natural light.
- Put your cellphone away – at least for 1-2 hours before bed. The blue light from our electronic devices are the worst at interrupting our hormones into thinking it’s still daytime.
- Establish a nighttime ritual – Take a few minutes to unwind at the end of the day. We love applying the ALL-OVER-OIL head-to-toe to reconnect with yourself at the end of the day. Even if you only have 5 minutes, make the most of it and create a meaningful routine to help you wind down and prepare for sleep.
- Create a peaceful bedroom – make your bedroom a calm, relaxing, and clean space. To add a touch of Zen, spray the EUCALYPTUS MOOD MIST on your linens before you hop in. The Bulgarian lavender will soothe your mind and allow you settle into a peaceful slumber.